Ravenark Boats is a purpose driven company, and we are looking for anyone who has a passion for building aluminum boats. If you have an interest in working with us in any capacity, please send your resume and let us know what you would like to do. We are open to all good people.
Our ‘current need‘ is for a Welder Fabricator Boat Builder.
We believe in building life-long careers and customers using ethics, and ‘old school’ caring about our employees and customers.
Ravenark Boats pays well, but more importantly is the honest satisfaction we feel in commissioning and delivering individual boats to our unique customers.
If you dream of showing the world that you are one of the Worlds best boat builders, and if you are seeking an opportunity to use your talents and passion for building boats for the toughest waters on Earth, then we want to hear from you.
- Job location, Lakewood, Washington state.
- Normal schedule is Monday – Thursday 6am to 4pm (four-tens).
- Starts at $32hr Depends On Experience, bi-weekly pay.
- Abundant room for advancement and higher pay with performance.
- Career growth, progressive responsibility where you will receive respect and loyalty.
- Full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser or BlueCross or UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (ask).
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage).
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Gas card allowance.
- Some company paid travel.
- Company bonuses.
- As Ravenark’s Welder Fabricator Boat Builder, is responsible to assist the Welding Manager in starting new boats, laying keels, frames, girders, bottom plates, side plates, chines, and fabricating up the boat, according to customer and company specifications.
- This challenging role requires organization, communication, and craftsmanship skills, and most importantly creativity in solving problems.
- You will represent the company and brand to our customers and in our community with an eye towards long term growth.
- You will be responsible to allocate hours and tasks to subordinates in accordance with schedules of time and budget to ensure profitability of each boat.
- You will be responsible to Quality Control each task while it is being completed.
- If you are a leader who loves responsibility, leadership and working with boats, and if you love boat systems, and organizing work tasks while mentoring others, we want to hear from you.
Work Environment / Essential Physical Demands
- Ability to read write speak English language in noisy and high stress environment.
- Consistent ability to lead in noisy and high stress environment.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time.
- Requirement to lift, push and carry up to 100 lbs., including the ability to carry 75 lbs. up and down stairs.
- Frequently and repetitively, bend, lift and reach to install vessel parts. Including stoop, lay, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, twist and crawl for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or other high structures.
- Ability to assess and discern issues in a work process and give and receive safety signals using sight, touch, hearing, or equipment.
- Open to schedule flexibility that will allow for a variety of shifts, including days, nights, or weekends as needed by the maritime customers.
- Potential exposure to confined spaces and hazardous materials used in the manufacturing, adhesives, and painting process.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to: safety glasses, safety shoes, bump caps, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines.
- Stand and Sit for long periods of time in LED and commercially lighted areas while typing, talking on telephones and radios, read computer screens for long periods of time, use touch pads, keyboards, printers, smartphones, and associated equipment,
- Exceptional fabrication and aluminum welding, and aluminum boat building skills.
- A leadership personality, organization skills, detail orientation, and self motivation.
- Demonstrated curiosity for new things and demonstrated ability to learn new skills.
- Learn new tools, processes, and technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not absolutely required.
- All potential employees will be required to successfully pass a comprehensive background check where truthfulness is the main criteria.
- Be drug and alcohol free at work.